Rawaj strives to enhance the professionalism of its staff. Accordingly, Rawaj has developed the following Professional Practice Guidelines to assist Rawaj staff in their business relationships with clients and candidates.
I. Relationships between Rawaj Staff and their Clients
Rawaj Staff are partners with their clients in a consultative process aimed at selecting and recruiting prominent talents. Success in these partnerships depends upon a strong mutual commitment to the task at hand as well as mutual trust, candor and responsiveness by each party as an assignment progresses.
Rawaj recommends that in order to avoid misunderstanding later, agreements between Rawaj and its clients concerning conduct of an assignment and other significant matters should be put into writing.
A. PRESERVING THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF CLIENT INFORMATION
Rawaj staff should do their best to protect confidential information concerning their clients. Specifically, Rawaj member should:
- Use confidential information received from clients only for purposes of conducting the assignment
- Agree with the client on what information about the position in question will be made available to candidates during the search, when this information will be released, and in what form
- Disclose such confidential information only to potential candidates who need to be informed
- Not use such confidential information for personal gain
B. AVOIDING CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
Rawaj staff have an ethical obligation to avoid conflicts of interest with their clients. For example, Rawaj member should:
- withdraw from any assignment upon learning of conditions that impair the member’s ability to perform it properly and on time, including actual or potential conflicts of interest unless the client expressly agrees to waive the conflict
- Provide clients the member’s undivided loyalty as a professional advisor in the process of negotiating salaries and benefits with selected candidates.
- Inform clients of business or personal relationships with candidates that might affect or appear to affect the member’s objectivity in conducting the assignment
- Not accept any payments or gifts for assisting an individual in securing employment
C. ACCEPTING and Performing EXECUTIVE SEARCH ASSIGNMENTS
Rawaj should serve its clients with integrity and objectivity with a full understanding of the client organization, its business needs and the position to be filled. Rawaj member should:
- Conduct a focused search for qualified candidates consistent with a search strategy agreed upon with the client
- Advise the client when advertising is required or is a recommended strategy for the particular search assignment
- Thoroughly evaluate potential candidates before presenting them for an interview with the client. Such evaluation normally includes in-depth interviews in person or by phone to carefully assess the candidate’s strengths and weaknesses against the specification for the proposed position.
- Agree with the client on the necessity of reference and background checks, and what elements these checks should cover, how extensive they should be.
- Present information about the candidate to the client honestly and factually and include any reservations concerning the candidate that are pertinent to the position
- Advise the client promptly and offer alternative courses of action if it becomes apparent that no qualified candidates can be presented, or that the length of the search will differ considerably from that originally specified
II. RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN RAWAJ Staff AND CANDIDATES
Although Rawaj staff’s primary relationship is with the client, Rawaj also seek to establish professional relationships with candidates. These relationships should be characterized by honesty, objectivity, accuracy and respect for confidentiality. In building such relationships, Rawaj member should:
- Explain the relationships that exist between the parties involved in an executive search consulting engagement, and in particular the rights and obligations of the candidate in the process
- Provide candidates with relevant and accurate information about the client and the position
- Encourage candidates to provide accurate information about their qualifications and experiences.
- Update candidates of the status of their candidacies in a timely fashion